Navigate through the holiday season with these tips to boost your spirit.
1. It’s still not too late to do some tree trimming and no heavy lifting involved if you pick up a miniature Christmas tree. Small, potted Christmas trees are a slow-growing trend among small-space savers and single home dwellers.
2. Fashion FYI - faux jewels will be out and diamonds will be hot in 2011. Ladies, ‘tis the season to buy something special that will make you smile. Sources tell us that Diamonds.com will be unveiling a new website - why wait for a man when you can shop for 5th Avenue jewels all on your own?
3. With drinking season officially underway, M.A.D.D. is emphasizing the importance of being responsible drivers. The Funtoxication App for iPhone and iPod touch is certainly not a solution, but it does let you monitor alcohol consumption and prevent you from stepping behind the wheel inebriated. And if you are ever in doubt it lets you locate the nearest taxi to come to the rescue.
4. The folks who help you get through each day, from the garage attendant to the apartment doorman, deserve some end of year gratitude. It’s best to get it out of the way early on in this month on so that they can make the most of their holiday season.
5. There is something magical about those first big snowfalls of the season and now’s the time to get ready for those stay at home Winter nights with friends. Stock up on spirits like Amaretto, Tia Maria, Baileys Irish Cream and Kahlua - they are like Christmas in a Bottle if you pour them on ice!
6. Hosting a house party? Plan your menu out and get your food orders in if ordering online today! If cooking is a chore you do not want to endure, go heavy on hors d’oeuvres. At Appetizerstogo.com you will find an exciting assortment of crowd pleasers with kosher and veggie options aplenty. Be sure to check out celebrity entertainer Colin Cowie’s new line of party favors.
7. If you’re heading out for drinks with friends tonight be sure to toast the ghosts of lovers past. As the saying goes, “Out with old, in with the new,” so raise your glass to the women and men you blew past in 2010.
8. Find a friend who benefits...from your help. Indeed, the holidays are about giving and volunteering your time to help a friend find a job, set up a new apartment or get over a break up. It is sure to lift your spirits.
9. Searching for last minute stocking stuffers? Then head over to an outdoor Christmas Gift or Craft Fare in your neighborhood. It’s a refreshing way to spend the day while finding one-of-a-kind items from local artisans.
10. Are you an urban transplant who cannot head home for the holidays? Don’t sweat it! You can plan a 'playcation' in your city for the holiday weekend, packed with activities and events you’ve been meaning to see and do. Just be sure to invite other vagabonds to join you on your voyage.
11. Burned out from all the festivities? Add a splash (or dash) of peppermint to anything you drink or eat, it will help relieve you from stress, depression and mental exhaustion due to its refreshing nature.
12. December is the most wonderful time of the year...to meet people! So grab a friend, hit a party and make it your mission to be his/her wing person on this night, and maybe meet someone new yourself.
13. Amidst all the festivities, work may be the last thing on your mind so here’s a reminder to bring out the elf in you. Spend a few extra hours finishing up end-of-year assignments before you are free to break away for the holidays. Also, if you have stock or other investments, take a last look to see if you have capitalized on calendar year savings, income tax deductions or profits.
14. To celebrate the first day of winter on December 21st, plan a cold-weather getaway now! Not ready to embrace the elements on your own? Meet Market Adventures has trips planned at Winter Park, Colorado (1/16 - 1/22), Jackson Hole, Wyoming (2/20 - 2/26), Big Sky & Moonlight Basin, Montana (3/13 - 3/19).
15. Got a friend who’s too shy to say hi? Check out SingleTees® for some last minute gifts. The company, which designs and sells products to help singles connect face-to-face, has added a whole new selection of flirty tees just in time for the holiday season.
16. What’s better than eggnog? Whipped Lightening. Whip-Ahol is the first alcohol-infused whipped cream that comes in all sorts of adult flavors like Hazelnut-Espresso, Caramel Pecan and German Chocolate. For some extra cheer, add a dollop to desserts and beverages, hot or cold!
17. Baby it’s cold outside! With the temperatures down low, now’s your chance to warm up someone who is alone for the holidays. Whip up a pot of hot soup, store it in plastic containers and make a house-call that will let people know you are thinking of them.
18. Don’t let holiday bloat sabotage your New Year’s plans. Toss out all the leftover goodies or give it to a cute neighbor or someone in need, and do double time at the gym. Not sure where to get started? The Couch to 5k running plan is a beginners training program that will get you in gear in the New Year.
19. We’re weeks away from the busiest online dating season of the year. Jumpstart your resolution to find love in 2011 by joining a matchmaking service or take the time to revamp an outdated personal profile and picture!
20. Stop everything and take a few minutes to evaluate your spiritual, mental, emotional, physical and financial well-being. If you are not taking proper care of yourself, reset goals and promise to take small steps throughout the New Year to achieve them.
Wherever you are and whatever choose to do on New Year’s Eve please remember that there are more ways than one to find your inner bliss.