The best in cookery books from around the world were honored at the Gourmand World Cookbook Awards in Paris Sunday, where France emerged the leader for taking home 17 No. 1 titles above China, the UK, Spain and Belgium who rounded out the top five ranking.
Here are the winners across some of the major and most coveted categories, including best chef cookbook and cookbook of the year:
Hall of Fame
USA - "The Cookbook Library," by Anne Willan, Mark Cherniavsky
1. Netherlands - "Puurst," by Jonnie and Therese Boer
2. Sweden - "Brasserie Le Rouge Cookbook," by Marco Baudone
3. Colombia - "Sal y Dulce," by Jorge and Mark Rausch
1. Malaysia - "Chef Wan"
2. UK - "Jamie's 15 Minutes Meals"
3. Canada - "Rob Feenie Classics"
Cookbook of the Year
1. Canada - "Cabane à sucre Au Pied de Cochon," by Martin Picard
2. Peru - "Edén.pe," by Gastón Acurio, Ferran Adria, Ignacio Medina
3. Italy - "Dolce Sicilia," by Martorana, Ghietto, Notini
Sweden - "Fool Magazine"
1. France - "Mon Grand Livre de Cuisine," by Alain Ducasse
2. Germany - "Caramelized, Smart Cookbooks" John Grøtting
3. Finland - "Energy Cuisine," by Jani Lehtinen, David Denis
Hall of Fame
UK - "Wine Grapes," Jancis Robinson, Julia Harding, Jose Vouillamoz
Wine Book of the Year
1.Belgium - "Le Domaine de la Romanee-Conti," by Gert Crum and Jan Barteslman
2. France - "Les Métiers du Vin," by Pierre Citerne
3. Sweden - "Tjugo Skanska Vingardar," by Ann Janson
For full results, visit http://www.cookbookfair.com/.