|Choosing a moisture-rich shave gel instead of soap will help to ensure that the razor glides easily over the skin. (Comstock)
The warmer weather is finally approaching and since this season’s it fashion trend is the dress, many women will be reaching for their razors. While the process seems quite simple, start at the bottom and slide the razor all the way up, according to Gillette, there are in fact 7 steps to the perfect shave.
Tiffani Steer, External Relations Manager at P&G, representing the Gillette Venus brand, shares these tips:
1. Bubble Over - Shower or bathe before you shave. Although women's hair is finer than men's, it's still about as tough as copper wire of the same thickness. Hydrating hair with warm water makes it 60 per cent easier to cut.
2. 'Gelicious' - Wash your legs and underarms to remove natural oils and perspiration. Apply an amply amount of moisture-rich shave gel before shaving to help keep hair in the water and to ensure that the razor glides easily over the skin. Soap may clog your razor, as well as, causing dryness and flaking. If you don’t have time for shave gel, the new Venus Breeze has it built right in!
3. Choose Wisely - Choose a razor that is properly equipped for the job. Gillette offers a complete portfolio of razors to meet every woman’s shaving needs.
4. Look Sharp - Shave with a fresh blade. Fresh blades provide a closer, smoother, more comfortable shave and can help prevent cuts and irritation. Women should replace blades at the first sign of dullness or discomfort.
5. Smooth Sailing - Use a light touch, exerting as little pressure as possible and shave in the direction that feels most comfortable. Re-lather before shaving the bikini and other sensitive areas.
6. Leave hard-to-shave spots for last - The backs of knees and thighs, and areas like ankles, where the bone is close to the skin surface, are often difficult to shave.
7. Moisturize, Moisturize, Moisturize - Moisturizing your legs helps keep skin hydrated and supple, not to mention glowing. When you have finished shaving, apply a rich moisturizer, like Olay Quench, then go out on the town and show off your smooth and radiant legs.